Monday, September 24, 2012

5x5



First video project!

Clip 1: Writing
Clip 2: Erasing
Clip 3: Brushing away eraser particles
Clip 4: Crumpling up the paper
Clip 5: Drawing on my nails

Overall I really enjoyed this project. I'm not sure how it ended up at 22 seconds long instead of 25. In WeVideo all the clips were the correct length. Anyways, I used my phone camera to record the footage, which worked surprisingly well. As mentioned before, I used WeVideo which is an online cloud editing program that allows people to access their work from anywhere. The website was very easy to follow and I could export the footage straight to YouTube. I was pleased with the final result although I could have had better lighting in my film. I liked being able to work on my own and choose my own topic. I could work on my own time and did not have to share a crowded editing suite. I think we should do more projects like this outside of school; for example, we could make more films similar to the 20-second scenes. I was interested in making short scenes (not as short as the latter) in which we could write a simple script and work with one or two other people. This can be filmed around the school as well as on our own time. There could be requirements for using certain film techniques such as rack focus so that we would have some sort of structure to be graded. Also, I was interested in doing news-related films or investigative pieces. We could interview people around the school to digitalize the work we do in Ms. Cullen's class. If these films end up being relevant to current school or community events. they could even be aired on Infoflow. I think this was a very successful first project and I'm excited to start shooting more videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment