Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hello World




If you didn't notice, there's a pile of newspapers at the top of this blog. I could explain in the "CAP way" that the juxtaposition of the light and dark shapes in someway represents my path in life, but instead I'll just say that I am interested in news and media.

My name is Natalie and this is my second week of being in CAP 10. I'm not sure I'm used to being a sophomore (I still get lost sometimes) but I'm excited to start blogging this year. My favorite part of filmmaking is being in front of the camera. Editing isn't my cup of tea, mainly because I'm not very good at it. My only experience with media is the CAP required Photo/Video class freshman year. I was able to master the basics about filmmaking as well as put together a few small projects. The project I most enjoyed working on was the Infoflow Show Open. At the beginning of every Infoflow Show, the BNC students aired a student produced introduction sequence that was about 15-30 seconds in length. Our class had the opportunity to create show opens that would later be aired on Infoflow if they met all the requirements. Although there were many criteria, this project allowed the most creativity in the set up. My group's show open was very successful and it was used on Infoflow twice.

As much as I'd like to prattle on about my social life, which by the way is very interesting, this blog will be used for academic purposes. These CAP blogs could be used to reflect on our work in other classes such as essays and activities. We could also use our blogs to update the status of our change projects and write about the steps we are currently working on.

I guess that's all I have to say for now. Until next time...whenever that is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment